Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Integrity 6/26/04

I like the third definition offered by Dictionary.com: The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness. My personal belief is that integrity is about having appearances match how things really are. I know that no one ever really achieves it, that everyone has *some* dark secret, perhaps for some just a little one, but to live for a long time looking one way while being another is almost impossible. I think that the pervasiveness of this dynamic has contributed to the explosion of online communities (message boards) and blogging. People reach out, wanting to be seen or heard, needing interaction with others. Today, I've worked on my resume and sent it in response to a job posting in our local newspaper. There were two or three ads for jobs that might be decent fits for my skills, but they'll require some further re-working of the resume, which I will finish tomorrow. My goal is to respond to at least one more ad tomorrow (by Monday morning) with my revised resume. I will find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment