Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Moving forward 9/4/04

I am pleased that we haven't stopped for the weekend as we've gotten feedback on yesterday's work and woke up this morning to a request for the same material in a different format, a matrix vs. the narrative. He did much of the heavy lifting, and I spent the morning adding the patent-related copy, making it pretty and making the two documents work together. I am so pleased at the information the client is requesting! They are asking all the right, informed questions. If we don't get this work, it will be because our tactics don't fit their plan, rather than that they just never "got" it. That pleases me. Apparently our contact, the consultant who is representing our product and services to the client, has the close ear of someone near the inside, and that person is willing to work some over the holiday weekend, as a favor, to evaluate our documents so that they will be customized and ready to go to the client on Tuesday morning. I'm just glad to maintain at least an illusion of moving forward. I wonder if that's why I'm so fond of long drives in the car, because they are an opportunity for some really concentrated forward movement? It's my nature, perhaps human nature, to want to advance, progress, avoid being stalled or stuck. Many, if not most, games have the concept at their center, running or dribbling or kicking the ball down the field or the court toward the goal, hitting it with a club hundreds or yards or gentle precise putts towards each hole, advancing the runner trying to reach home. Like all Americans who are not Native Americans, I'm descended from folks who picked up and left their homes, often taking unknown and dangerous paths to reach a new land and a new life, so the need to move and change is in my genes, and feeling stuck or standing still for too long makes me uncomfortable. I suppose that's one of the reasons I come here to the Internet to write about where I am and what I'm feeling in some hope that it will help me figure out how to keep moving forward and which way to go next. Even if it's not actual movement, my mind is whizzing forward when I'm stuck and writing about those thoughts is action which leads to interaction and community, and it's healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment